Is instantaneous dirt slinging, rock gripping, gap jumping wheel speed your thing? Then don't look any further than the Team Brood Apocalypse. Insane torque and power in the ultimate competition package!
The Apocalypse is built upon Team Brood's 2-Magnet Teardown, a power plant designed specifically to make insane torque and have superior braking and holding power over Team Brood's 4-magnet teardown.
Each motor is custom built from the ground up, beginning with Exclusive teardowns. The armatures are hand wound with precision by the best in the business using optimized wire gauges for ultimate horsepower. Each armature is epoxy dipped to ensure durability and drill balanced to a zero tolerance for the smoothest power delivery possible.
The assembly process is a rigorous one involving hand shimming, precise brush hood alignment, low impact break-in, and dyno testing. The result? Positively THE MOST POWER you can strap into your truck.
Don't compromise performance, buying into other "motor tuners" gimmicks. Go with Team Brood Horsepower, real knowledge - real wins.
Team Brood Racing racing motors are built to order, with construction times for this motor taking 2-5 days to complete. Your motor will be built just for you with our high quality parts and advanced construction techniques.
- Dual Magnet Can with TDK FB9 magnets - Maximizes torque and braking
- 1.4mm thick Chrome Plated Can - Stregthens the magnetic field for maximum torque and braking with a durable finish
- Onboard Surface Mount Capacitors Reduces radio interference caused by electric motors
- Adjustable Timing - Fine tune the motors powerband to optimal settings
- Rebuildable - Can be rebuilt to provide maximum power and longevity
- Dual Precision Ball Bearings - Reduces friction provides increased efficiency and power
- Aluminum Heatsinks - Additional cooling provides for a more efficient motor
- Laydown Brushes - Long lasting performance brushes
- Springs - Optimal tension springs
- Hand-Wound Armature:
- All Team brood armatures are processed from start to finish using the state of the art techniques, materials and equipment.
- Armatures are pattern wound by the best winders in the world using the highest grade copper wire
- Armatures are welded using our high-tech silver brazing rod
- Armatures are epoxy dipped with the aerospace grade epoxy resin
- Armatures are precision drill balanced
- Armatures are tested with precision meters
- Armatures are engraved with the wind on the armature shaft
- Diamond Trued Commutator - Provides a perfectly round cut
- Zapped Magnets - Assures magnets are at full and even strength
- Cleaned and Lubed Bearings - Allows for the smoothest operation
- Precision-Spaced Armature - Centers the Armature in the magnetic field with minimal play
- Precision-Measured Springs - Assures both springs are at the optimal tension
- Aligned Brush Hoods - Allows the brushes to make full contact allowing even wear and max power
- Tested - Each component is tested on calibrated
- Dyno-Tuned - Guarantees the motor is producing its maximum power, rpm and torque
- Fully Broken-In - Ready to install and run
- 30 Day Limited Warranty
Wind:The number of turns of an armature determines the amount of power, RPM and torque a motor will create.
The lower number of turns typically will make the motor produce more RPM and overall power, while torque per amp will be reduced, but less than the gain of RPM.
Higher turn motors will produce the more torque per amp, but will sacrifice RPM and power.
Lower turn motors will have reduced runtime and can require more maintenance. Proper maintenance and cleaning are much more critical on a lower turn motor.
27t = 2125 KV
30t = 1950 KV
35t = 1565 KV
40t = 1350 KV
45t = 1210 KV
55t = 995 KV
65t = 845 KV
Rotation: Some vehicles require the motor to run in the reverse direction, if needed we can set the motor up specifically for this. It's important to have the correct rotation of your motor, especially if you are adding timing. A motor with the incorrect rotation that has timing added will run with negative timing and will likely fail.
Timing: Timing allows you to adjust the powerband of a motor. Motors come standard with 0 degrees of timing to insure proper installation in all vehicles. You may add timing up to 36 degrees in most motors, though we would recommend no more than 12 in most motors. Please refer to our timing guide to understand the effects of timing on a motor.
Wire Leads: We can install motor leads onto the motor for you.
Precision Matched Pair: Matched motors utilize inductance and resistance matched armatures, with precision matched magnets. Multiple parts are matched between the motors (commutator, springs, brush resistance, etc). They are run through a series of tests on multiple dynos and specialized analyzers to insure they operate perfectly in sync with each other, providing equal power and operational characteristics. One motor is setup in reverse for correct dual motor installation. Motors are stamp F(Forward) and R(Reverse) on the bottom for easy identification.
|General Motor Specifications|
|Magnets||Dual TDK FB9|
|Break-In||570 seconds at 3 volts, 30 seconds at 3.5 volts|
|Wire Type||Copper Round|
|Shaft Size||3.175mm (1/8th)|
|Mounting Pattern||Standard 540 M3x25mm|